The research we conduct on self-regualtion in health and well-being is often of interest to the popular press and other electronic media otulets and blogs. Below you will find links to articles and podcasts featuring research from our Lab, organised by topic.
- MindBodyGreen article featuring research from Dr Sirois and colleagues on the role of self-compassion for reducing parental guilt.
- US News article featuring Dr Sirois’ research
- American Psychological Association Monitor on Psychology article on self-compassion featuring comments from Dr Sirois on the benefits of being self-compassionate.
- Article on the benefits of gratitude for coping with arthritis featuring quotes and research from Dr Sirois
- Article in the Guardian on the benefits of gratitude featuring Dr Sirois’ research
- Phoenix Helix Podcast on the science of gratitude with Dr Sirois
- Broadcast/podcast on BBC Radio Scotland with Dr Sirois
- Quartz at Work article featuring Dr Sirois’ research and tips to reduce procrastination at work.
- Thrive Global article on the health effects of procrastination, featuring Dr Sirois’ research.
- Journal of Accountancy Newsletter on why people procrastinate and different perspectives on how to reduce this harmful tendency.
- British Psychological Society PsychCrunch podcast on procrastination featuring Dr Sirois
- Men’s Health article and short animation on the physical effects of procrastination, as suggested by Dr Sirois’ research.
- Article in Women’s Health UK featuring Dr Sirois’ Research on procrastination and health (print version via e-reader).
- Vox article on future self-continuity, with comments by Dr Sirois on the implications of feeling disconnected to your future self for procrastination.
- Huffington Post article on how to beat procrastination with mention of Dr Sirois’ research.
- Quartz magazine article on perfectionism among millennials and how it can be reduced, with mention of Dr Sirois’ research on perfectionism and procrastination.
- Podcast featuring Dr Sirois discussing her meta-analysis demonstrating the links between procrastination and perfectionism.
COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH APPROACHES
- Cardiovascular News article featuring Dr Sirois research on the use and disclosure of complementary health approaches among cardiac patients.
- TCTMD article featuring Dr Sirois’ research on the use of complementary health approaches among cardiac patients.
- Article in Healthscape, the newsletter of the Ontario Hospital Association, on Dr Sirois’ research of the psychological benefits of massage therapy.
- Pump up the Science column article for the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario’s biannual newsletter, TouchPoint, featuring Dr Sirois’ research of the psychological benefits of massage therapy.